- Payment Options
- Comments (0)
Stereo 3.7W Class D Audio Amplifier - MAX98306
Stereo 3.7W Class D Audio Amplifier - MAX98306 - can deliver 2 x 3.7W per channel to 3-ohm impedance speakers. It features a miniature chip with a D-class controller that can operate within a voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5VDC. Being a D-class amplifier, it boasts incredible efficiency, with over 90% efficiency when driving an 8Ω speaker with just one watt of power. This efficiency makes it ideal for portable and battery-powered projects. It includes built-in thermal and overcurrent protection, although it's hard to tell when it heats up.
The amplifier's inputs pass through 1.0 uF capacitors, making them fully differential. If you don't require differential outputs, you can simply ground the R and L inputs. The outputs are bridge-tied, meaning they are directly connected without a ground reference. The output is a 360KHz square wave PWM signal, which is later averaged by the speaker coil. All of the above means that you cannot cascade the output to another amplifier; you need to connect the speakers directly.
It comes fully assembled and tested with 1.0 uF input capacitors. Additionally, it includes a header for easy breadboard connection, 3.5mm screw terminal blocks for convenient speaker connection and disconnection, and a 2x4 header with jumper cables for instant gain adjustment. You'll be ready to rock in just 15 minutes! Please note that speakers are not included, and you should use speakers with a 3-ohm or higher impedance.
- Output Power: 3.7W at 3Ω, 1.7W at 8Ω, with 10% THD, at 5V Supply
- Passes Unfiltered EMI up to 12 inches (30 cm) of Speaker Cable
- High 83dB PSRR at 217Hz
- Spread Spectrum Modulation and Active Emission Limiting
- Five-pin Selectable Gain: Choose from 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, 15dB, and 18dB by using a jumper or breaking pins G and G'( refer to the circuit board schematic for gain pin settings )
- Excellent Click-and-Pop Suppression
- Thermal and Short-Circuit/Overcurrent Protection
- Low Current Draw: 2mA in Standby, 10uA in Shutdown Mode
Note: The terminals provided with your product may be blue or black in color.
Competitive and Affordable Stereo 3.7W Class D Audio Amplifier - MAX98306 is available at SAMM Market.
You can order the Stereo 3.7W Class D Audio Amplifier - MAX98306 from the Adafruit category at SAMM Market for a competitive price with same-day shipping and fast delivery.