Arduino Usb Host Shield
Supplier Code: 404
- Payment Options
- Comments (0)
Arduino Usb Host Shield
The Arduino USB Host Shield is a functional board that allows you to use Arduino boards as a HID device and control your Arduino through USB for various peripherals. This shield, based on the MAX3421E, operates at 5V voltage. It greatly simplifies your work by giving your Arduino board USB host capabilities, enabling it to recognize and immediately use any externally connected USB device.
The Arduino USB Host Shield is compatible with full-speed peripherals or full/low-speed host USB 2.0 specifications. It is also compatible with Tinkerkit boards, allowing you to easily attach it to any Tinkerkit board for application development.
Devices supported by the Arduino USB Host Shield include:
- HID (Human Interface Device) devices (keyboard, mouse...)
- Game controllers (PS, Nintendo, Xbox360...)
- USB-to-Serial Converters (FTDI, PL-2303, and some mobile phones...)
- Android Phones and Tablets with ADK capability
- Digital Cameras: Canon EOS, Powershot; Nikon DSLR devices
- Bluetooth Dongles
- Data storage media: external hard drives, USB sticks, card readers
To enhance your Arduino projects with essential shields and make them more powerful, you can find all the components you need at the best prices on SAMM Market. You can find the best price for the Arduino USB Host Shield on SAMM Market.
Arduino USB Host Shield Technical Specifications
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- USB Controller: MAX3421E
- Maximum Current: 400 mA
Arduino communicates with MAX3421E using the SPI data bus (through the ICSP header). On Uno, this is on digital pins 10, 11, 12, and 13, and on Mega, these are 10, 50, 51, and 52. On both boards, pin 10 is used to select the MAX3421E. Pins 7, 8, and 9 are used for GPX, INT, and RES pins.
Warning: If you have boards like Arduino Mega ADK and Arduino Esplora that already have USB Host capabilities, you do not need this shield again.
The connectors placed on the Arduino USB Host Shield are as follows:
- 2 TinkerKit Inputs: These are the pins labeled IN2 and IN3, which are directed to the Arduino board's A2 and A3 analog inputs and labeled with a white tag.
- 2 TinkerKit Outputs: These are the pins labeled OUT5 and OUT6, directed to the Arduino board's PWM outputs on pin 5 and pin 6 and labeled with an orange tag.
- 2 TinkerKit TWI: These 4-pin connectors with a white color are connected to the Arduino board's TWI interface.
What Can You Do with Arduino USB Host Shield?
With the Arduino USB Host Shield, you can connect your Arduino board to a phone, keyboard, or mouse, and you can perform wireless communication with a Bluetooth dongle.
Competitive and Affordable Arduino USB Host Shield is available at SAMM Market!
You're at the right place to purchase the Arduino USB Host Shield, which allows you to connect USB devices to your Arduino. SAMM Market offers all Arduino shields and boards at the most affordable prices. As the official distributor of Raspberry Pi, SAMM Market provides access to all the electronic components and kits you're looking for, suitable for all levels of prototyping. Moreover, all orders placed before 3:00 PM are shipped the same day, and orders of 250 TL and above are eligible for free shipping to your address.