- Payment Options
- Comments (0)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the second edition of Raspberry Pi computers. Raspberry Pi 2 is much more powerful and faster than the original Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+, which was replaced by it in February 2015.
Raspberry Pi 2 Specifications:
- A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full HDMI port
- Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
Raspberry Pi 2 Benefits
Get personal with your Pi. Welcome to the Raspberry Pi™ 2, the single board computer that thinks it’s a home PC. Enhanced Quad Core Processor and 1GB RAM now provides you with the opportunity to:
- Build your own workstation – create and manage your documents and spreadsheets with ease using LibreOffice™
- Faster and more enjoyable gaming – experience less lag and more seamless gaming in all your favourites. Can’t wait to demolish buildings in Minecraft™, trigger your TNT now and be amazed by the results!
- No more buffer face – boots up Raspbian in less than half the time as the Model B+
- More power for your favourite projects – create Space Programs, Time Lapse Videos, GPS tracking, HD audio and lots more with a full ecosystem of supporting accessories.
- All your previous Raspberry Pi projects are 100% backward compatible with the new Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB
Raspberry Pi 2 Features
- Broadcom BCM2836 Arm7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Identical board layout and footprint as the Model B+, so all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the Model B+ will be fully compatible.
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects. GPIO is 100% compatible with the Model B+ and A+ boards. First 26 pins are identical to the Model A and Model B boards to provide full backward compatibility across all boards.
- Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sold separately)
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- Advanced power management:
- You can now provide up to 1.2 AMP to the USB port – enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices directly to the Raspberry PI. (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply)
- 10/100 Ethernet Port to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Internet
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out
Raspberry Pi 2 vs Raspberry Pi B+
Model B+ Raspberry Pi 2 Processor Chipset Broadcom BCM2835 ARMv6 Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor GPU Videocore IV Videocore IV Processor Speed Single Core @700 MHz QUAD Core @900 MHz RAM 512 MB SDRAM @ 400 MHz 1GB SDRAM @ 450 MHz Storage MicroSD MicroSD USB 2.0 4x USB Ports 4x USB Ports Power Draw / Voltage 1.8A @ 5V 1.8A @ 5V GPIO 40 pin 40 pin Ethernet Port Yes Yes