- Payment Options
- Comments (0)
The Intel Edison is a low-cost System-on-Chip (SoC) development platform enabling inventors, entrepreneurs and consumer product designers to prototype and develop 'Internet of Things' (IoT) and wearable computing products.
- Uses a 22nm Intel® SoC that includes a dual core, dual threaded Intel® Atom™ CPU at 500MHz and a 32-bit Intel® Quark™ microcontroller at 100 MHz. It supports 40 GPIOs and includes 1GB LPDDR3, 4 GB EMMC, and dual-band WiFi and BTLE on a module slighter larger than a postage stamp.
- The Intel Edison module will initially support development with Arduino* and C/C++, followed by Node.JS, Python, RTOS, and Visual Programming support in the near future.
- The Intel Edison module includes a device-to-device and device-to-cloud connectivity framework to enable cross-device communication and a cloud-based, multi-tenant, time-series analytics service.
Edison SoC Module
- Dual-core, dual-threaded 500MHz Intel Atom CPU and 100MHz Intel Quark microcontroller
- 1GB LPDDR3 POP SDRAM (Dual channel 32-bit @ 800MT/sec)
- 4GB eMMC Flash memory
- Broadcom 43340 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band (2.4 and 5GHz) WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 40 x configurable GPIO
- On-board antenna
- Power supply: +3.3V to +4.5Vdc
- Connector: 70-pin Hirose DF40 Series
- Operating temperature range: 0 to +40°C
- Dimensions: 35.5 ´ 25.0 ´ 3.9mm
- Atom Operating System: Yocto Linux v1.6
- Quark Operating System: RTOS