- Payment Options
- Comments (0)
The Intel Edison is a low-cost System-on-Chip (SoC) development platform enabling inventors, entrepreneurs and consumer product designers to prototype and develop 'Internet of Things' (IoT) and wearable computing products. The Edison module works with the Edison Breakout Board or the Edison Board for Arduino. The latter features headers for Arduino Rev3 compatible shields.
Edison Board for Arduino Kit includes an Edison SoC Module.
This kit also includes a Arduino Breakout, which essentially gives your Edison the ability to interface with Arduino shields or any board with the Arduino footprint. Digital pins 0 to 13 (and the adjacent AREF and GND pins), analog inputs 0 to 5, the power header, ICSP header, and the UART port pins (0 and 1) are all in the same locations as on the Arduino Uno R3 (Arduino 1.0 pinout). Additionally, the Intel® Edison Arduino Breakout includes a micro SD card connector, a micro USB device port connected to UART2, and a combination micro USB device connector and dedicated standard size USB 2.0 host Type-A connector (selectable via a mechanical microswitch). Though this kit won’t turn your Edison into an Arduino itself, you will, however, gain access to to the Arduino’s shield library and resources!
- Supports Arduino Sketch, Linux, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Board I/O: Compatible with Arduino Rev3 shields (except only 4 x PWM)
- 20 x GPIO pins (including 4 x PWM outputs)
- 6 x analogue inputs: 12-bit resolution @ 1MSample/sec
- UART serial port
- I2C serial port
- ICSP 6-pin header
- microUSB device connector OR (via mechanical switch) dedicated USB-A host connector
- microUSB device connector with USB to UART bridge
- microSD card slot
- Li-Ion battery charger
- Power, system reset & shield reset pushbuttons
- System recovery pushbuttons
- Power supply 2.5 x 5.5mm barrel jack: +7 to +15Vdc, centre pin positive